Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Drug

No I am not a drug addict I do have a healthy obsession an obsession with Photography. It has become my drug of choice for stress relief. There was a time recently that I was extremely stressed out. I mean so stressed out that my neck hurt so bad that spot where your head and your neck meet, I always used to joke and say that my head was too big and that's why I would hurt there but I came to realize that it was none other than that nasty little word stress. I came up with several ways to deal with my stress and they either were not effective, caused more stress or I was told it would be illegal to shoot people..just kidding I wasn't really going to shoot anyone. I actually figured out by mistake that taking pictures provided me with much joy and happiness. It's a way to escape to go to different places and capture things that I love the first picture the one of the dirt whats so special about that you say. To me that picture means everything it's a freshly plowed field some farmer is getting ready to plant his crop that will provide lots of things for you and me. I hold a special place in my heart for farmers, they really do make the world go round if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have anything. Did you know that everything you have or use or yes eat is made from some form of agriculture. If you didn't well now you do go out and thank a farmer.
This second picture was taken of a simple piece of driftwood down at the river. I wonder where it has been what all it's seen oh the stories it could tell...wait sorry. The river is a place of solitude for me has been for several years now when I need to just think or I'm having a really bad day that's where I go. It is very peaceful down there and I can always see things more clearly after I've been. Not sure why it's just the thing that does it for me. There is a peaceful calmness that comes over me as soon as I get there and it stays with me til I head back up the bluff. I kid you not.

This last picture was taken at Glen Springs lake now this place holds no real fondness or memory or peace be still like mojo but I thought it was a pretty picture and you might like to see it. So now that you know for sure without a doubt that I am certifiable I hope you have enjoyed the pictures I took.
~Mary B~


No comments: