Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring has sprung

Well spring has sprung and I am absolutely loving it. I am ready to get my crops in the ground, I am enjoying working in my yard. I am not just saying that I am for the first time ever enjoying the hard work that comes with all this land. It is very satisfying to be able to enjoy the fruits of our labor. I am going to get my potatoes planted tomorrow. I am going to try them in tires. I really like the idea of growing things in tires. It serves multiple purposes, it makes it easier to control the soil mix, it is easier to keep the weeds at bay, and it keeps the tires out of a landfill. So I am saving some work and recycling too. I have done quite a bit of research on growing things in tires so I will let you know how it goes. My chickens are getting big, I love to just sit and watch them, they are very entertaining. Well I think I am going to go kick back in my recliner and enjoy the rest of my Sunday afternoon, then it will be time to head back to church at six. Y'all have a blessed day!

~Mary B~

No comments: